Three Little Birds (TLB) offers mindfulness, yoga, art and extensive time outdoors, along with academic empowerment. Additional aspects include music, sign language, visits to local businesses, parent workshops, & support in the Kindergarten enrollment process.
Our daycare program will serve ages 1.5 to 6. Starting off with part-time enrollment and expanding to full days. Our children will have opportunities to learn, develop, and advance at all levels. The atmosphere is relaxed with structured blocks of time. Using Reggio Emilia pedagogy, we promote exploration of the environment and stay true to play-based learning. We provide a caring environment backed by positive reinforcement. Staff members participate in Still Quiet Place mindfulness, Reggio Emilia, and Natural Play Therapy training.
Read more about our staff. TLB Daycare opens in 2020. Our location information is on the way. Be the first to know where we will be operating by signing up for our email list.
A typical day
(All play will be child-lead and based on their motivations).
- 8:30 Morning Art & Play
- 9:30 Morning snack, reading, and discussion
- 10:00 Forest adventure / sensory exploration
- 11:45 Mindful eating practice/ Lunch
- 12:15 Independent Play & half-day pick up
- 1:00 Yoga
- 1:20 Meditation & Rest (reflect on our day)
- 2:10 Afternoon Snack
- 2:25 Mindful Art
- 3:00 Creative story circle/ pick up
Future offerings included with extended day, until 6 PM:
- Movement and music
- Garden and nutrition lessons
- Specialties; such as Ballet or Cooking